Benzonatate is a generic cough medicine. Several dosages are available, however, it's always taken as 1 capsule by mouth 3 times daily as needed. Fortunately, this is a generic and the cost of benzonatate is quite low -- $15 or less for 10 days’ worth of medication. We can help you reduce that further through our discount card and coupon for benzonatate, which both reduce the price by as much as 75%. For more information about our offers, a manufacturer coupon or patient assistance, or benzonatate itself, please see the sections below.
There's not a manufacturer coupon for benzonatate available right now, but be sure to check back at this page. We regularly check for new manufacturer offers, and if one becomes available, we'll put the information about it here along with a link to the pertinent page on the manufacturer website.
Other coupons related to: Asthma - COPD
Read information about Benzonatate below to learn about its common uses. If you have questions about this medicine, please consult with your doctor or pharmacist and be sure to inform them of all the medications you are currently taking.
- Use this medicine as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take this medicine by mouth with or without food.
- Swallow this medicine whole. Do not break, crush, chew, dissolve, or suck on this medicine before swallowing.
- If you miss a dose of this medicine, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
- Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use this medicine.
- All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects.
- Constipation; dizziness; drowsiness; headache; nasal congestion; nausea; upset stomach.
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bizarre behavior; confusion; hallucinations.
- This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch