Welchol is used along with diet and exercise to treat high levels of cholesterol. It is also used along with other medicines to control the blood sugar level of patients with type 2 diabetes. Welchol reduces bad cholesterol by increasing the removal of bile acids from the body. The body replaces the lost bile acids by converting cholesterol from the blood to bile acids. Welchol is available as a brand name drug only; a generic version is not yet available. The average price of Welchol is over $500 per 180 tablets. Fortunately, there are many available Welchol patient assistance options. Click on the Welchol manufacturer coupon link to get a Welchol savings card for $25 off each of your next 12 prescriptions plus a free trial. You can also get the printable Welchol discount coupon to save up to 75% off the retail price. Just click the Welchol coupon of your choice to start saving now.
Name of the offer: Welchol Savings Card
Description: Manufacturer Printable Coupon. MANUFACTURER OFFER. Pay $8 per month for a three month prescription OR pay $25 for your first 30 days. Savings for Welchol are subject to a maximum benefit of $70 for a 30-day prescription and $125 for a 90-day prescription.
Details: Savings are not valid for patients enrolled in a government health care program, including Medicare or Medicaid.
Other coupons related to: Cholesterol
Read information about Welchol below to learn about its common uses. If you have questions about this medicine, please consult with your doctor or pharmacist and be sure to inform them of all the medications you are currently taking.
- Take this medicine by mouth with meals.
- Empty the entire contents of one packet into a glass or cup. Add 1/2 to 1 cup (4 to 8 oz) of water, fruit juice, or a diet soft drink. Stir well and drink.
- Do not take this medicine in its dry form. This may cause throat irritation.
- If you also take cyclosporine, birth control pills, glyburide, phenytoin, thyroid hormone replacements (eg, levothyroxine), or vitamins, take them at least 4 hours before you take this medicine.
- Continue to take this medicine even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
- If you miss a dose of this medicine, take it with a liquid at your next meal. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
- Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use this medicine.
- All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects.
- Constipation; headache; indigestion; mild stomach pain; muscle aches; nausea; sore throat; stomach discomfort; tiredness; weakness.
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); difficulty swallowing; severe or persistent constipation, diarrhea, or stomach pain; severe or persistent dizziness or headache; symptoms of pancreas inflammation (eg, severe stomach or back pain with or without nausea or vomiting, stomach tenderness or swelling); throat pain or irritation.