Vytorin, along with a healthy diet and exercise, can help lower bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol in the blood. This brand name medication is a combination of ezetimibe and simvastatin. It works by reducing the amount of cholesterol absorbed through food and produced in the liver. Without a Vytorin copay card or a Vytorin patient assistance program, thirty tablets of Vytorin usually cost about $230-$260. Fortunately, you can click the ‘View Manufacturer Coupon’ link below to access a Vytorin manufacturer coupon, good for a 30-day trial and $20 in monthly prescription savings. You can also click ‘Get Vytorin Coupon’ to claim a reusable Vytorin discount coupon that is good for up to 75% off.
Name of the offer: Manufacturer Offer: 30 Day Free Trial or Vytorin Coupon
Description: Use this Manufacturer Free Trial Offer for a 30-day free trial supply of Vytorin. Eligible patients can also pay as little as $25 per prescription on each of up to 12 qualifying prescriptions. Maximum savings are $75 per script.
Other coupons related to: Cholesterol
Read information about Vytorin below to learn about its common uses. If you have questions about this medicine, please consult with your doctor or pharmacist and be sure to inform them of all the medications you are currently taking.
- Use this medicine as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- An extra patient leaflet is available with this medicine. Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions about this information.
- Take this medicine by mouth with or without food, preferably in the evening, unless directed otherwise by your doctor.
- Taking this medicine at the same time each day will help you remember to take it.
- If you also take a bile acid sequestrant (eg, cholestyramine, colestipol, colesevelam), do not take it within 4 hours before or 2 hours after taking this medicine. Check with your doctor if you have questions.
- For best results, this medicine should be used along with exercise, a low-cholesterol/low-fat diet, and a weight-loss program if you are overweight. Follow the diet and exercise program given to you by your health care provider.
- Eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice may increase the amount of this medicine in your blood, which may increase your risk of serious side effects. The risk may be greater with large amounts of grapefruit or grapefruit juice. Avoid large amounts of grapefruit or grapefruit juice (eg, more than 1 quart daily). Talk with your doctor or pharmacist if you have questions about including grapefruit or grapefruit juice in your diet while you are taking this medicine.
- Most people with high cholesterol do not feel sick. Continue to take this medicine even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
- If you miss a dose of this medicine, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
- Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use this medicine.
- All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects.
- Diarrhea; headache; symptoms of upper respiratory tract infection (eg, mild cough or sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, sneezing).
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing or swallowing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, throat, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); breathing problems (eg, persistent cough, shortness of breath); burning, numbness, or tingling; change in the amount of urine produced; confusion; decreased sexual ability; depression; difficult or painful urination; dizziness; fever, chills, or persistent sore throat; irregular heartbeat; joint pain; memory problems; muscle tenderness, pain, or weakness (with or without fever and fatigue); red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; severe stomach or back pain (with or without nausea or vomiting); swelling of the hands, ankles, or feet; symptoms of liver problems (eg, dark urine, loss of appetite, pale stools, severe stomach pain, yellowing of the skin or eyes); trouble sleeping; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual tiredness or weakness; vomiting.
- This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch