Other coupons related to: Buying Group Specials
Read information about Omeprazole below to learn about its common uses. If you have questions about this medicine, please consult with your doctor or pharmacist and be sure to inform them of all the medications you are currently taking.
- Use this medicine as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- An extra patient leaflet is available with this medicine. Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions about this information.
- Take this medicine by mouth at least 1 hour before a meal.
- Swallow this medicine whole. Do not break, crush, chew, or open this medicine before swallowing.
- If you have trouble swallowing the capsule, add 1 tablespoon of applesauce to an empty bowl. Open the capsule and empty the pellets onto the applesauce. Mix the pellets with the applesauce and swallow the mixture at once, followed by a glass of cool water. The applesauce used should not be hot and should be soft enough to be swallowed without chewing. Do not chew or crush the pellets. Do not store the mixture for further use.
- You may take antacids while you are taking this medicine if you are directed to do so by your doctor.
- Continue to take this medicine even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
- If you miss a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
- Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use this medicine.
- All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects.
- Diarrhea; gas; headache; nausea; stomach pain; vomiting.
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); bloody stools; bone pain; change in the amount of urine produced; chest pain; dark urine; fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat; fever, chills, or sore throat; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; severe diarrhea; severe stomach pain or cramps; swelling of the hands, ankles, or feet; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual tiredness; vision changes; yellowing of the eyes or skin.
- This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch