Maxalt is a medicine for headache, which works by narrowing down the blood vessels around the brain. It also reduces the substances that can trigger headache, nausea, light and sound sensitivity, and migraine symptoms. Maxalt only treat headaches that have already begun. It cannot prevent headache or lessen the number of attacks. The Maxalt price can be around $665 or more for a pack of 18 tablets. Luckily, there are several Maxalt patient assistance options that can reduce the price at your local pharmacy. Click the Maxalt manufacturer coupon link to get their free trial offer plus save $20 on refills, or click the Maxalt Internet Drug Coupon link to get your Maxalt Coupon and save up to 75% retail price.
We're sorry, there is no manufacturer coupon currently being offered. Since we're always on the hunt for the latest manufacturer offers, please be sure to check back at another time.
Other coupons related to: Migraine
Read information about Maxalt below to learn about its common uses. If you have questions about this medicine, please consult with your doctor or pharmacist and be sure to inform them of all the medications you are currently taking.
- Use this medicine as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- An extra patient leaflet is available with this medicine. Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions about this information.
- It is not necessary to take this medicine with liquid.
- Do not remove the blister from the outer pouch until you are ready to take this medicine. Make sure that your hands are dry when you open the blister pack.
- Do not push the tablet through the foil. Peel back the foil on the blister pack and place the tablet on your tongue. The tablet dissolves quickly and can be swallowed with saliva. This medicine may be taken with or without water.
- Take the tablet immediately after opening the blister pack. Do not store the removed tablet for future use.
- It is best to take a dose of this medicine as soon as you notice symptoms of a migraine attack.
- For adults: If your migraine symptoms go away and then come back, you may take a second dose as directed by your doctor. Wait at least 2 hours between doses.
- For children: If migraine symptoms go away and then come back, check with the childs doctor for instructions. Safety and effectiveness of using more than 1 dose within 24 hours in children have not been confirmed.
- If your symptoms do not improve after the first dose, do not take a second dose for the same attack. Contact your doctor.
- Do not take more than the amount prescribed by your doctor in a 24-hour period or treat more than 4 headaches within 30 days without checking with your doctor.
- If you miss a dose of this medicine and you still have a headache, follow your doctors dosing instructions. Contact your doctor right away if you are unsure of what to do if you miss a dose. Do not take this medicine more often than prescribed. Do not take 2 doses at once.
- Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use this medicine.
- All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects.
- Dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; fatigue; nausea; weakness.
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); bloody diarrhea; burning, numbness, or tingling of the hands or feet; chest heaviness; chest, neck, or jaw pain, tightness, or pressure; decreased coordination; excessive sweating; fainting; fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat; fever; hallucinations; mental or mood changes (eg, agitation); muscle spasms; seizure; severe nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea; severe or persistent headache or dizziness; shortness of breath; stomach pain; symptoms of stroke (eg, confusion, one-sided weakness, slurred speech); tremor; unusual weakness; very cold or blue fingers or toes; vision changes or loss of vision.
- This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch