Janumet Coupons and Discounts
Janumet is a medication used to treat type 2 diabetes. It consists of a combination of two medications, sitagliptin and metformin. These medications work together to increase insulin levels and lower glucose levels. The price of Janumet is high compared to other diabetes medications, around $400 for 60 tablets. We offer a couple of ways to obtain Janumet patient assistance. Use the Janumet manufacturer coupon to get a free 30-day supply and reduce your copay to $5 for each prescription. Another option is to use our buying group coupon that works like a Janumet discount card. Get up to 75% off the price of each refill.
Janumet Manufacturer Coupon
Janumet® Coupon; 30-Day Free Trial And Pay No More Than $5 per prescription (Maximum Value = $100)
Name of the offer: Janumet Free Trial Offer
Description: Manufacturer Printable Coupon
This double coupon offer is a great way to save money on Janumet®. You may print a coupon good for one FREE 30-day trial of Janumet. If it works for you, print the other coupon and reduce your monthly out-of-pocket costs for Janumet to $5.
Please note: The maximum value of this offer shall not exceed $100.
Janumet Internet Drug Coupon
Save up to 50% Retail Price
Print Your Coupon
- Discount program for drugs similar to how the AAA card gets you discounts on motel rooms.
- Ideal for people with no drug coverage, self-employed, donut hole seniors.
- Accepted at all the big chains (Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, Etc.) and most independent pharmacies. Not to be combined with insurance, great for drugs not covered by your plan.
Other coupons related to:
Read information about Janumet below to learn about its common uses. If you have questions about this medicine, please
consult with your doctor or pharmacist and be sure to inform them of all the medications you are currently taking.
Janumet is used for:
Treating type 2 diabetes in certain patients. It is used along with diet and exercise. This medicine is a dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitor and biguanide combination. It works by increasing insulin release. It decreases the amount of sugar that the liver produces and the intestines absorb. It also helps to make your body more sensitive to the insulin that you naturally produce.
How to use Janumet:
- Use this medicine as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- This medicine comes with an extra patient information sheet called a Medication Guide. Read it carefully. Read it again each time you get this medicine refilled.
- Take this medicine by mouth with your evening meal, unless your doctor tells you otherwise.
- Swallow this medicine whole. Do not break, crush, split, or chew before swallowing. If you have difficulty swallowing tablets whole, talk with your doctor.
- Taking this medicine at the same times each day will help you remember to take it.
- Take this medicine on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it.
- Continue to take this medicine even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
- If you miss a dose of this medicine, take it with food as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
- Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use this medicine.
Important safety information about Janumet:
This medicine may rarely cause a serious and sometimes fatal condition called lactic acidosis. Most of these cases have occurred in diabetic patients who also have certain kidney problems. The risk of lactic acidosis may be greater if you have liver problems, kidney problems, or heart failure. The risk may also be greater in patients who are elderly or drink alcohol. Lab tests, including kidney function, may be performed while you take this medicine.Do not begin to take this medicine if you are 80 years old or older unless lab tests show that you do not have decreased kidney function. Do not take it if you have a severe infection, have low blood oxygen levels, or are dehydrated. Tell your doctor you take this medicine before you have any surgery or lab procedures.Contact your doctor right away if you notice symptoms such as muscle pain or tenderness; unusual drowsiness, dizziness, or light-headedness; slow or irregular heartbeat; fast or difficult breathing; sudden stomach or bowel problems with nausea and vomiting; or unusual weakness or tiredness. Contact your doctor right away if you start to feel unusually cold, or if you have a general feeling of being unwell.
Possible Side Effects of Janumet
Possible side effects of Janumet:
- All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects.
- Diarrhea; gas; headache; indigestion; nausea; sore throat; stomach upset; stuffy or runny nose; vomiting; weakness.
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty swallowing or breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, throat, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); chest pain or discomfort; decreased urination; dizziness or light-headedness; fast or difficult breathing; feeling of being unusually cold; general feeling of being unwell; muscle pain or weakness; red, blistered, swollen, or peeling skin; slow or irregular heartbeat; swelling of the hands or legs; symptoms of pancreas inflammation (eg, severe stomach or back pain with or without nausea or vomiting); unusual drowsiness; unusual or persistent stomach pain or discomfort; unusual tiredness or weakness.
- This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch